Most of us might need to burn CD’s or DVD s for various purposes like study , work , entertainment etc . Nero is now out of the competition due to its heavy size and bloatware nature .People are now looking into other options .Luckily there are many good alternatives , some of which are freeware – that are equally capable as shareware programs . ImgBurn , for instance is a very powerful and feature rich burning application which is quite flexible .ImgBurn is a lightweight CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application which is completely free for all .The latest version 22.214.171.124 was released few days ago .
Key features of ImgBurn
* ImgBurn supports a wide range of image file formats – including BIN, CUE, DI, DVD, GI, IMG, ISO, MDS, NRG and PDI.
* It can burn Audio CD’s from any file type supported via DirectShow / ACM – including AAC, APE, FLAC, M4A, MP3, MP4, MPC, OGG, PCM, WAV, WMA and WV.
* You can use it to build DVD Video discs (from a VIDEO_TS folder), HD DVD Video discs (from a HVDVD_TS folder) and Blu-ray Video discs (from a BDAV / BDMV folder) with ease.
* It supports all the latest drives without the need for updates
* There is an image queue system for when you’re burning several images and an easy-to-use layer break selection screen for double layer DVD Video jobs.
* The Automatic Write Speed feature allows you store your favourite burn speed settings on a per ‘Media ID’ basis, right down to a drive by drive level.
Different ‘Modes’ of ImgBurn
Read – Read a disc to an image file
Build – Create an image file from files on your computer or network – or you can write the files directly to a disc
Write – Write an image file to a disc
Verify – Check a disc is 100% readable.
Discovery – Put your drive / media to the test
direct link ( v126.96.36.199 ,size 5 MB )
Since this is a freeware program , the installer is bundled with ASK Toolbar , which is a spyware . If you allow , it will install a toolbar into your internet browsers and also set your homepage to ASK.com apart from watching you all the time .
So be vigilant enough to uncheck the ASK Toolbar installation option during the setup .
So guys , did you try this nice tool .
Please leave your favourite burning software in comments section .