Comodo AntiSpam is an intuitive, easy-to-use, client-based software product that eliminates spam forever from your computer’s email system. It uses ‘Passcode Authentication’ technology, active-filtering algorithm, to authenticate the sender of each incoming email message. Comodo AntiSpam works with all current Windows operating systems and supports email programs such as Outlook, Outlook Express, Eudora, Netscape or any other POP3 email application.
Comodo AntiSpam provides the following features:
* Spam Elimination using Passcode Authentication Technology, which is an active filtering algorithm that authenticates the SENDER of each incoming email message, eliminating spam once and for all!
* Plug and Play operation: Simply install AntiSpam and then begin enjoying spam free email.
* AntiSpam operates in the background, so you don’t have to change a thing about how you access your email.
* Authentication Database (ADB): The Authentication Database stores email address of your friends and foes (spammers being the foes). Click here for more details.
* Quarantine Database (QDB): The Quarantine Database allows you to view the messages, which are pending authentication. You can authorize or block emails directly from the Quarantine Database. Click here for more details.
* Supported Email Accounts: POP/SMTP. The next release will include IMAP, Exchange and AOL.
* Supported Email Programs: Outlook Express, Outlook, Eudora, Netscape Messenger and any other POP/SMTP enabled email program.
* Address Import facility: Import your address book into the Authorization Database.
* Spam Reporting Mechanism built into the Passcode Authentication Technology.
* Server Synchronization: Access you email from any computer with AntiSpam installed and you never lose the current state of your Passcode Authentication.
* Support for distribution lists.
* Support for automated e-commerce receipt messages.
How it works
Comodo AntiSpam doesn’t look at the content of the email to determine whether it is spam or not. Rather, this product authenticates the SENDER of each incoming email message, providing the most powerful measure of AntiSpam protection available.
During installation, your email address book is imported by Comodo AntiSpam to form a foundation of allowed senders. If an email arrives from an unknown sender, Comodo AntiSpam automatically sends a challenge message to that sender asking them to reply with your AntiSpam Passcode. The AntiSpam Passcode is sent along with the challenge message in a graphical form, text form or even the sender is asked to enter the passcode agreed mutually between the two parties (sender and you) beforehand, as specified by the you. When the reply message is received and the passcode is found to be correct, that sender’s original email and all subsequent email from that sender are passed to your inbox.
Download Comodo AntiSpam ( free )